Saturday 18 August 2012

Robbie McCarthy reaches All-Ireland Final

Mullingar's Robbie McCarthy will face Dublin's Eoin Kennedy in the final of the All-Ireland 60X30 Softball Championship. McCarthy defeated Mayo's Dessie Keegan 21-11, 21-6 at Abbeylara to set up a fourth final in a row against Kennedy. Robbie told GAA Handball's offical website that he'll need to up his game if he's to make a successful defence of his crown: "Dessie is always a tough opponent in the big alley but I've been training hard for this. It has been a long season so far with the 40x20 and then the One Wall but I want to retain this title more than anything. I played well today but Eoin looks at his best at the minute and I will have to raise my game again for the final." 8 times champion Kennedy, who won comfortably 21-0, 21-6 against Ger Coonan in the other semi, also feels he can improve ahead of the final: "Ger is a good player but he possibly never got going today. I feel like I'm playing well and am looking forward to the final again in a couple of weeks. I have still a bit of work to do though as Robbie looks even stronger than last year and I know I'll need to up my game if I'm to win back the title. It will be tough but I'm sure it should make for an interesting final."

0 comments:

Post a Comment